- Check if OASIS has been disabled in the Access options.
In many cases, OASIS can simply be re-activated here.
- If 1. does not help, you can re-activate OASIS with editing the Windows registry.
In the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Access\AddIns\oasis_svn.OASISthe value for LoadBehavior' hast to be '3'.
Exported files containing special chars or unexpected content
From time to time, files exported from OASIS may contain special Unicode characters that prevent successful import. Also, in rare cases, files may contain content that was not actually expected. For example, exported queries sometimes include fields that were not actually queried in SQL.
First check whether this behavior also occurs if the object (form, report, query, module) was exported using the undocumented function 'SaveAsText'.
If an object is correctly exported via 'SaveAsText' but not by OASIS, settings for 'Sanitizing' could play a role. Turn off any kind of file cleaning (Sanizize, NoSaveCTI, Compatibility mode, UTF-8)
False positive: Project protected by password
For some unknown reason, Access reports the current project is password protected when exporting a module - although it is definitely not.
Users report that the following steps eliminate this error:
- Open the property page of the current project in the VB Editor
- On the 'Protection' page, place the cursor in the 'Password' field
- Do not enter anything into the field and close the dialog with 'OK'
If necessary, check whether modules can be exported without errors using the undocumented function 'SaveAsText'.